s

bob'sbarnablog

Tuesday, April 05, 2005


I’ve been searching hard to find the image that will complete the threesome. Now, I finally have it.
Ladies and Gentlemen, will you please give a big hand to the Buff Orpington, “introduced into the UK to satisfy the demand for buff coloured birds”. I shall refer to it as a rooster (n. esp. N.Amer., Austral., etc.) in order to avoid obvious double entendres. Not that I have anything in particular against such wordplay but they will no doubt impede my purpose.
 Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

  • At 7:18 pm, Blogger Simon said…

    I'm glad to see you managed to get the good old Orpington in, although certain readers are bound to be disappointed with the preference too often awarded this rather soulful variety. When can we expect an article on the bearded Appenzeller? or the Transylvania naked-neck?

     
  • At 11:49 pm, Blogger Bob said…

    It’s assuring to know you’re familiar with your poultry. I have to admit my ignorance, which I tried in vain to compensate by waiting for several few weeks for a posting on the Orpington Buff Forum site. I did think the Transylvania naked-neck might be slighlty too freaky for my purposes. Any suggestions of a breed that Disney could characterise as arrogant or proud?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site Meter Blogwise - blog directory Blogarama - The Blogs Directory